Monday, March 19, 2018

The Art Moth Tag

The other day I was wishing I knew more Art blogs I could follow and was wondering how I would be able to find some. And THEN I had the most original idea of the century: I could create an art tag! The blogging world seems to have been taken over by tag after tag, some people doing the same tag twice (because people like me don't realize someone had already tagged them so we tag them again) and some people doing the tags without even being tagged. So I guess having one more tag floating around won't bother anyone.
Anyway, I've never seen an art tag before, and I know all artists are secretly pining for an excuse to talk about their art (why do you think I started this blog?) so I figured there might be a few people out there who would be grateful for this. 

Okay, here goes. 

The rules: 
Answer the questions (the entire point of this tag). 
Upload some pictures of your drawings to illustrate (illustrate... Get it?) why you answered the way you did. (E.g. if you say you think you're really good at drawing hair, show us your best hair drawing. It is not necessary to do this for every question, but try for at least most of them.)
Try to tag at least three people whom you know are artists and would like sharing their art. Try not to tag people who have already been tagged. Give a link to their blog.
Copy and paste the rules on your blog.
Link to The Art Moth (shameless self advertising, I know.)

(I'm sorry, but I can only tag one. The entire reason I made this is because I hardly know any art blogs that are still active.)

Now I tag myself first off. (And yes, I will be reusing pictures I've already put on this blog.)

*Ahem*

1. When did you start drawing?


This is the first drawing I did that really inpressed people. I drew it on a whim, I hadn't really ever thought of drawing before. I drew it when I was about eleven. After this, I never stopped. 

2. What is your favorite thing to draw?
Faces! I used to draw single left eyes everywhere, but this past year I've been trying to learn how to draw faces without a reference.
Here's what I consider my best face, shadingwise.
3. Have you ever taken drawing lessons? 
Not exactly, but my dad helps me often, and I consider that lessons. But this year my Gramma gifted me with a Udemy course in drawing, so I've been taking that, too.

4. How often do you draw? 
I used to draw every day, and I've been trying to again, but usually I draw about three pictures a week.

5. Which medium is your favorite? 
Watercolor is what I like best, but the medium I'm best at is regular ol' graphite. Lately I've been trying out pen and marker portraits.

6. Do you mostly draw people, animals, plants, or objects? 
Definitely people. I very, very rarely draw plants, and objects are just boring to draw. I used to draw animals quite a bit, but I haven't for a while.
This is the last "object" I've drawn.

7. What is something you wish you could draw, but can't? (And all the people said: hands.) 
And the person said: hands.

8. Do you finish your sketch books before buying another? 
Nope. I have three now that are unfinished and yet I'm still planning on getting a spiral bound one soon.

9. How long does each drawing take you?Cartoon sketches take about ten minutes if I don't color them. A realistic one takes about forty to ninety minutes start to to finish.
(This is what I mean by "cartoon". It took about twenty minutes.)
10: Who is your favorite artist? (Living or dead.) 
I really like Anthony VanArsdale's work. I also like Leonardo Da Vanci's unpainted sketches, and there are a lot of Disney artist's work that I like, like Steve Thompson's concept art.

Alrighty! I tag:
Abbie
Sorry, Abbie. You are alone. If you don't want to do this, or if you can't tag anyone, that's completely fine!
Anyone else who wants to do this is very welcome to,  just please comment and tell me so I can check it out!
Okay, bye!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment